Feedback welcomed

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2008 at 8:42 PM
I'm interested in hearing how this application and API are being used and if they are useful.  What do you like?  What do you dislike?  Do you find these tools useful?  What features would you like to see? 

This is an active project and your suggestions are welcomed!  Don't be afraid to use the issue tracking tools or other feedback mechanisms to state your opinion.

-Mike

Mar 20, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Hi,
Is it possible using your framework to search withint a office document. We have this requirement werein we have tenders...really big huge tenders of 1000s of pages and business wants to search sections in the document. they are validating MOSS as a solution but i dont know whether this is possible with MOSS search API. Or whether its something specific to MOSS API or Office12  itself.

thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM
MOSS crawls the internal contents of Office documents by default.  In fact, it crawls the contents of any document (txt, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf [with an ifilter], etc...). SPSearchBench piggy-backs off of the MOSS API, so SPSearchBench will support it too.  

If you want to scope the searches to only certain SECTIONS of the document (which you seem to elude to), then I don't believe that is possible.
Jun 3, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Sorry wrong post